Friday, August 24, 2012

It is a New Era

Only showers from now on.

He washes his own hair and closes the door when he potties.

He doesn't ask me to read to him anymore. He reads to himself, even the chapter books.

"I know! I know!" He knows everything.

He asks me what words mean like: coincidence, malpractice, and maximize. (There is a similar story about his dad at the same age and "prophyactics". Heh.)

He stops, looks and listens without being reminded.

but...

He has his own room yet still snuggles in the big bed. ♥

He lets me fuss his hair. ♥

I get to carry him on my shoulders. ♥

We boogie together in public. ♥

I get the best hugs for the littlest things. ♥

He still let's me kiss him in front of his friends. ♥

When he got home I asked him to reflect on his first day of kindergarten. He was apparently very excited about the Back-to-School Carnival.



2 comments:

Kami said...

Aw, Mama... :)

Allison said...

I am not ready for him to be this big. How do you stand it???