Thursday, April 28, 2011

Goodbye, Old Chairs

We were gifted a dining table and four chairs by the previous owners of our house (read: they were crap and owners didn't want to pay to take them to the dump.) I said sure and we kept them. We didn't have much in the way of a dining table or chairs anyway, except those three legged ones we kept falling off of.

I upholstered them at least twice and they came out nice, but sadly the kids are slobs (as kids can often be) and I couldn't keep them very clean.

I lucked out at a local(ish) going-out-of-business sale and bought a nice veneer table and chairs off the floor at a huge discount. They are beautiful and they have nice wood seats that wipe clean very easily.

The old chairs were literally falling apart by then so I didn't even bother; I put them in the burn pile. There they sat for weeks and weeks making my yard look like the dump, so I said to heck with it and built a fire.

Goodbye, old chairs. I will not miss you in the least.

Photobucket

No comments: