Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Look What I Found

Walking around Harvey Gap Lake a couple of weekends ago I picked up a bunch of shells along the upper trail. I used to pick up the same kinds of shells when I was a little girl, forever collecting little things in my pockets. Not much has changed since then! I soaked them for awhile to loosen the dirt that had found its way inside.

I was cleaning them out today when I found a plant growing out of one of them. (scroll down)

Photobucket

A very tiny plant...

Photobucket

I love tiny things! I can't stop looking at the tiny plant and seeing a whole Pacific Northwest island; an ecosystem in and of itself. To be sitting in the shade of one of those mighty trees, relaxing to the sound of the surf. If I had a tiny little ear I could hold the shell up to it and hear the ocean. ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it!! And I also love tiny things... miniature ANYthing is too cute. :)

*Jess* said...

wow, that is so cool!

Anonymous said...

One gave life to another. grandpa.