Sunday, November 9, 2008

When I'm Down I Get More Done

Keeping busy is a sure fire way to completely ignore the fact I'm feeling down. Put something in my hands, especially something that needs to be altered or repaired, and the blues are pushed far back into the shadows. This afternoon I have cut out a pattern for the kids' new winter hat/scarf/mitten sets, sewn up the legs of a snap-up pair of pants because they fit a boy who refuses to stay snapped, contributed to the wood pile by getting rid of a wood-be (ha ha) project dresser that should never have asked to be resurrected (I mean, restored), set up some recycling drums and made nifty laminated signs that read "paper", "plastic", "metal", "aluminum", "glass", "cardboard", and "compost" for my own zero trash project (not really going to happen while I'm using paper diapers but we're working on that, too), unwired my tree-tree (an 18" holiday tree meant for miniature ornaments shaped only like trees) and gave it a bath, finished four new reusable shopping bags made from an old drape, made not one, not two, but three lists of crap I have to get done tomorrow between the hours of 8am and 9am, and totally forgot to go grocery shopping, oops.

3 comments:

Allison said...

So impressed with your ability to pour the negative into positive.

((Hugs))

ZebraBelly: said...

if only the same was true for me. as my to do list piles up while I veg out on peggle.

i like the blue images, too. beautiful.

*Jess* said...

girl, you accomplish more in one day than I do in WEEKS!