Friday, November 21, 2008

Proud Bookworm



C & P'd directly from Bohemia-Anna where I was tagged at my request. Thanks Anna!

Here is the rule for the award:Pass it on to five other bloggers, and tell them to open the nearest book to page 46. Write out the fifth sentence on that page, and also the next two to five sentences...The CLOSEST BOOK, NOT YOUR FAVORITE, OR MOST INTELLECTUAL!!

I am staring at hundreds of books in front of me so I am going to close my eyes and pick one at random...

"...hypothetical injections i am
going to have dinner off a
man eating tiger if a vacuum gets
me i will try and send you word
before the worse comes to
the worst some people i told him inhabit
a vacuum all their lives and
never know it then he said it don t
hurt them any no i said i dont but it
hurts people who have to associate
with them and with these words
we parted each feeling
superior to the other and is that
feeling after all one of the great
desiderata of social intercourse

arch"

~ An excerpt from the merry flea within the lives and times of archy & mehitabel by Don Marquis, as written.

It takes a bit of stretching the mind, I think, to truly enjoy this kind of humor but I recommend it nonetheless.

Okay, I have no one really to tag so I guess it stops here for now unless those of you who read this want to do it twice. Let me know!