Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Once Upon a Time


There's this guy. He's in my science class. He is sooooo funny! I have never seen him before. I wonder who he is. Where did he come from? Why is he wearing that stupid bandana around his head? Oh! He's looking at me. Nice smile. He's laughing, the teacher is laughing, I'm laughing. What the hell are we laughing about? I have no idea but I keep laughing because he seems to like it. Wait, they're laughing about something on the Periodic Table of Elements. He is such a geek. He's kinda cute, though. I wonder what his name is.


Okay, that was 1984 in my freshman Physical Science class. I had a hard time concentrating but I pulled an A nonetheless. I saw that guy around school from time to time. He grinned like an idiot every time he saw me. I didn't see him again for 5 years then again another, I don't know, 3 years later. He was still grinning but then so was I. Like an idiot.

We really hit it off as friends. He was just as funny as ever. Why, then, did I leave him to fend for himself for another 6 years? I have no idea. I think I went away to find out but never got a clue. We did our best to stay in touch. We wrote letters, sent funny comics, talked on the phone for $400 every month and still I had no clue. And then he was gone POOF disappeared.

Finally, at the end of my sanity, he found me and saved me from myself. I asked him to marry me before I wasted another 16 years and he said yes. It is because of him that I am on the upswing of things.

I love you, Rob.

No comments: