Saturday, October 20, 2007

Got Separated on the Road

This is a story about our trip to New Mexico last month.

We left out Saturday morning a day early thinking we'd get to my cousin's house near Los Alamos, NM and spend the night. I drove my truck with Willon and Rob drove my car with Rhetta. Had a difficult day getting through Colorado then come afternoon we separated in Alamosa, CO on purpose. He went to a lumber yard to deliver some business cards and I went to the highway junction we agreed on to stop and nurse the baby. I nursed the baby, took a few pictures of him and then we sat in the cab of the truck to wait for Rob and Rhetta. We waited some more, I got a snack, talked to some women walking by, keep watching the road... waiting... waiting...

Now, I don't have a watch but I know it's been too long and Rob hasn't shown up. I'm getting worried and I have to go to the bathroom. I put Willon in his seat and go to the nearest service station to go to the bathroom then go back and wait some more. It starts to get dark and I'm freaking out. It's been three hours so I go back to the station and luckily there was a policeman right there. He and his guys go all over town looking for my husband and 45 minutes later decide he is not in Alamosa and must have gone on, thinking I had done the same. Hmmph.

So I head South with no other real options. About 8 miles out of town he passes me going back to Alamosa. He had gone all the way into Tres Piedras, New Mexico before deciding I must be back in Colorado. Neither of us can figure out how we missed each other because I parked in a huge vacant lot and I watched the highway like a hawk.

Here's the funny part. I'm looking at the pictures from the trip the morning we got back. Check out the very first picture I took...

Guess who that is driving by behind Willon's head...



6 comments:

earthmama said...

this is one of my most favorite stories i've ever heard.... :)

Anonymous said...

yup...hilarious...

*Jess* said...

Oh, I'm so glad you have a blog!!! And Marci's right.. that is definitely one of my favorite stories I've ever heard! :)

Tara Benwell said...

Oops! Ha. That's hilarious. Great story.

GoodyGirlRed said...

That's really funny!

Unknown said...

popping by from imadeitso...
that is HYSTERICAL!!!
too, too funny!!