Monday, October 1, 2007

The Beginning

Since I have never blogged before it feels a bit weird to start in the middle of my life without writing something of how I got to this point so here is a bit of background just to make me feel like I'm starting somewhere.

I was born at an early age in one of the waning months of 1969. I remember very little of that moment. In fact it's all a big blur. Nearly 38 years later and it's all very much the same blur.

My life then was full of adventure, experimentation, promiscuity and illegal everything. The 70's, my childhood, were very fun. The 80's, my adolescence, sucked the way only the 80's could. The 90's, my 20's, were one huge mistake after another. Put that way my life sounds cliche. Really, it was unique. I swear it. I was different!

But I have this life now. Marriage, homeownership, motherhood... to be succinct. But it's so much more, more than it ever was before. Well, more than it was after I turned 8, but I've sort-of gotten back to the me I was at 8 only wiser. What makes me so wise? I don't know. Experience? Maybe. The ability to wipe my own butt? Maybe not. What I do know is that I am happier with my now than ever.

No comments: