Sunday, September 19, 2010

L'heure Bleue

This my favorite time of the morning for many reasons. It's quiet, for one. It's beautiful and peaceful, too. It's also when my kids wake and join me in the big bed for nu-nu, cuddles, giggles or - although rarely - a little extra sleep.

This morning my sweetie boy came to me at the very hint of the blue hour. After much snuggling and fending off Kit Kat (she likes to attack his feet through the covers) we settled down to a nice, warm, restful, quiet doze.

Just as I was drifting back to sleep he emerged from under the covers and whispered to me, "Momma". He'll put his mouth on my ear to tell me secrets. This seemed be one of those. "Psst! Momma!"

He took my face in his hands and turned my head to face him on the pillow and whispered, "Momma, the goose-duck made a stoooory. It said, 'Rub-dub-dub. Three men in a PANCAKE!'" then crawled back under the covers snickering.

No comments: