Monday, October 20, 2008

Shades of Orange

Orange is rapidly becoming my favorite color. I don't think it's because fall is setting in and I don't think it's because of all the pumpkins. I have always looked to colors to help make me happy. Now I am realizing that orange doesn't necessarily make me happy but it makes me feel... warm. I feel warm, like fire, and peaceful and comfortable. I can almost smell the color orange and it doesn't smell like oranges. It sort of smells like compost but more like cupcakes. Here are some images in orange I thought I'd share. How do they make you feel?





5 comments:

Allison said...

I love what you have shared. I've never been fond of the color orange - but you've shown it to me in an entirely new way. And, Yes - it makes me feel warm - and comforted, and amazed at the beauty of earth's orange.

Laurel said...

Orange has been my fav colour for years! And you know what? When I was in high school it as all about purple. Maybe there is a general tendency to appreciate one then the other? :)

ZebraBelly: said...

I agree with all that except the bit about the cupcakes. Maybe more like muffins or something a little heartier. For me, that is. :)

earthmama said...

warm and tingly inside...safe, relaxed...but also kind of excited. these are beautiful images. <3

corscorp said...

Come to think of it my cupcakes are more like muffins so there ya go.

I've also always associated colors with numbers. 5 is orange. It just is.