Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So far, so good.

Rhetta is doing well so far with fulltime school days. Monday and Tuesday I went for the morning and was with her through that time. Today she was on her own until I picked her up during art class to take her to and from OT/ST around 1pm. That went pretty well, too. She is having anxiety and sleeplessness however and a few potty accidents, but that all seems to happen when big change happens. The difference this time is she is keeping a very positive attitude. I am very proud of her.

Willon on the other hand misses her greatly! Poor little guy. He asks where she is at least once an hour. Then if we are in the car he asks if we are going to go get her. He's so sweet.

Along the same line when we all got home yesterday and I had to run to the store I took Willon with me. When we got back Rhetta was streaming tears on the back stoop just wailing for her brother. So she must be missing him while she is at school, too. It is heartbreaking but I am certain they'll adjust in very little time.

I am just very proud of my kids!

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

whew! I am so glad the transition is going better than anticipated! Its sooo sweet that they miss each other so much :)

earthmama said...

you have awesome kids, mama... <3